The project improved the plumbing system and running water for the Kianda Foundation School in Kenya. The efficient and hygienic functioning of this school with 900 students and more than 100 employees has greatly improved.
After nearly a year functioning with lack of water, the project has been an important acquisition for the school. Now they count on a metal tower and tank with a capacity of 50,000 liters. The tank measures 5m x 5m x 2m covered with a 1,5mm thick top.
This installation has provided many advantages:
• When there are electrical outages and the pump doesn’t work, they can rely on the water in the tank and can continue to function.
• The pump is preserved, since it doesn’t have to function all the time, and thus is used less and will have a longer expected life.
• The cost of electricity is lowered for the previous reason, and maintenance is reduced.
• When water from the town is available, which is infrequent, it is mixed with the pumped water and thus balances out the minerals.
• If the tank capacity needs to be increased in the future, it is quite possible since the tank was built using square panels, and more panels can be added to increase its height.
Escuela Kianda Foundation